Sunday, January 24, 2010

Update to the Darren Sherrill Post

Okay, I have to be real about that last post, which was politically correct and professional and all that, but which really didn't express what I meant to say.

Here's what was supposed to have happened when I sent you that email (dream sequence begins...now): you were supposed to drop by my official website, read a little of my work, sit back in your chair in awe, dial Nick on his cell phone, tell him about this writer he should get to know, and set up a meeting. [End dream sequence.]

But you were real. You pointed me in the right direction and wished me success without doing or saying anything that would get my hopes up unnecessarily. Secretly, though, I'm hoping you'll someday become a fan. And that you'll give Nick a nudge in my direction.

There, I said it.