Monday, January 25, 2010

Creating a Job Opportunity Where There Isn't One

I know nothing about whether Nick Cannon has a position in his company--Ncredible Entertainment--that calls for a creative soul capable of penning whatever he needs. I know even less about how much of an input he has in hiring writers for TeenNick. Nevertheless, I do believe that, given the opportunity, I can fully convince him that he needs to hire me to work along with him. He can introduce me as a Creative Consultant. Or a Literary Assistant. Shoot, he can call me that-chick-that-sits-at-her-computer-all-day-and-writes-stories-for-us for all I care.

I just want to work with him.

These days, with the economy such as it is, I think jobseekers have to create opportunities where there aren't necessarily any. Or use talents that they or their friends or their family are not readily convinced will actually allow them to make enough of a living to support themselves.

Well, I'm a Believer. I know for a fact that, with the right situation, I can make a living with the talents given me. Now I just need Nick to give me that chance...